Sunday, September 18, 2005

Love (1)

**Note: The following poems on "Love (1)" are works of some of my students under the course title, Philosophy of Man, during the first semester of school year 2005-2006, 5-6pm of Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Before we started discussing the topic on the Phenomenology of Love, I asked them to write a poem about love of any kind.

The Gift You’d Always Wish
by Glena Marie M. Para
***********************
When love opens your eyes
You’d be blessed with a very good sight
You’d see things beyond its height
Reality will be perceived in great delight

When love makes you listen
Even single beat will not be omitted
Even noise would be appreciated
For it’s still a sound symbolically created

When love touches you
You’d be transformed to someone better
Making you forget things that are sour
It has magical spell anyone may wonder

When love makes you speak
You’d have a tongue that would make others sick
For your words are wise, only few could pick
Because love cannot be known that quick

When love decided to leave you
A useless or even lifeless creature you would be
Not able to see, listen, touch speak
Just the very way love once let you be.

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
God’s Love
By Maria Faye T. Estacio
***********************
God’s love is like an island
In life’s ocean vast and wide
A peaceful, quiet shelter
From the restless rising tide.

God’s love is like an anchor
When the angry billows roll
A mooring in the storms of life
A stronghold for the soul.

God’s love is like a boat
Travels you away from tempting thought
Carries you when you are down
Shelters you with care and sweet sound.

God’s love is like a harbor
Where our souls can find sweet rest
From the struggles and the tensions
Of life’s fast and futile quest.

That is why we’re so grateful
For we are sheltered by God’s love and grace
In every breath that we take
And in different paths we take.
8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
Til’ Death
Jonathan Sherwin P. Aspiras
************************
I woke up one morning
With dirt in my eyes
I feel the sun burning
As painful as the lies

Yesterday was still clear
And my wounds still bleed
The agony and the fear
As you watch me kneel and plead

My tears turn to blood
As you push me away
My sadness turns to flood
As I loose my way

The darkness and light embrace
The angels and demons fight
As you can see the pain on my face
And try to see what’s right

For my promise I still keep
As this unity falls
My love for you is still deep
And til’ death I will call.

No comments: