Wednesday, October 12, 2005

my people

What do you want me to do
For you my young people, my countrymen?
I have loved you but
My love for you is an excruciating
Flame to me and worthless to you,
And now I abhor you, and abhorrent
Is a fire that burns your arrogant
Soul.

I have showed you compassion and
Kindness but it has only increased
Your stupidity, exalting and nourishing idleness,
Sluggishness, which is futile to life.
And now I see your senile
Feebleness which my soul despises.

“Hypocrisy is your religion, and
Falsehood is your life, and
Nothingness is your ending; why
Then are you living? Is not
Death the sole comfort of the
Miserable?”

You turned your back from the light
And seek out darkness. You
Are muddy stagnant rivers, swarming
With verminous insects and vipers.
Your rubbish souls smell like a
Dung which the winds scatter,
Poisoning every weak being like you.

I despise you because you
Despise glory and greatness. I tried
To pull you up but you’ve been
Pulling me down. I hate you
Because you loathe yourselves. I
Shall be your adversary, for
You fail to acknowledge your
Inferior presumptuous way of living.
Your hearts are withering from thirst yet
You continue pretending to be strong.

My hope for humanity made me
Come down to your place to
Show you the light. Yet you have
Long been blinded by your ignorance.

Once more, I’ve seen, and you
Have proven the weakness of the crowd,
Of the herd. I shall go back
Now to heavens and bring you
Down thunders and lightning, for
You deserve to be conquered, to be
Destroyed!

No comments: